Thursday, February 28, 2008

Experiment : My Wardrobe



I've always dressed fairly creatively, I've just never recognized what I love to wear and how I want to wear it. As an artist, I like to think of your appearance as a bit of a calling card. It reflects the art you make, your style, your favourites. So this year, (and until it works itself out) I'm altering found pieces, making new pieces and sprucing up what I have until I'm satisfied with my wardrobe. I keep a folder I like to call Dress Ideas. Not ideas for dresses, but for how I dress myself. A lot of it drawn from Etsy, an image may have a certain feeling that I want to project, or part of a garment is exactly what I want to create. Now, don't misunderstand me, I under stand that the works are those of the artists, and I'm not out to mass copy them for my personal gain. I'm just drawing inspiration from their ideas. It doesn't hurt to look does it?
I draw heavily from gypsy-bohemian, steampunk, medieval, piratical, and fantasy. A little old combined with some new so it's on an edge, and you can't quite decide if it's antique or brand new.











No comments: