Saturday, April 17, 2010

The MAC Sweater, part 2



Several years ago now, I had grand delusions of knitting up a sweater version of a British Lieutenants jacket circa 1805-ish. It was in the throes of my Master and Commander phase before I really knew what I was doing in terms of designing my own sweaters. Five years later (if not more) I found myself with an okay little sweater, sorely lacking the original vision. I didn't want to rip it back for the millionth time and let it languish for several years more. It wasn't until today, when I was rummaging through my things that I picked it up with notions of just sewing on the buttons to see if that would help. This led to picking up a decorative band along the button edge. It didn't work, and I set to crocheting a picot edging all round, and picking up for cuffs with picot edge. It's turned out decidedly darling with a steampunky feel now and I haven't taken it off since I finished tucking away all the little yarn ends. So finally, the MAC sweater has found it's happy medium and will most likely be worn frequently. Hurrah!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there - take two... I don't for the life of me understand why it's so cosmically complicated just to leave a comment here, but we'll try again.

All I said was that this is a wonderful resolution to a long standing project, and I believe that you may even make another in the future. It will reflect the increase in your talents and therefore be something different.! :-)