Monday I cut out all the pieces from muslin for lining and the grey for the main doublet. Yesterday I sewed and sewed, ironed, pinned and sewed some more and I had a doublet. Mostly.
The fronts were an inch off length-wise, and the back seam was total crap. Not wanting to make more mistakes, I set it aside and knitted.
It's really frustrating because I want to do a perfect job, and I'm doing a good job. The last version came out perfect and perhaps I am a little arrogant in thinking this one will turn out with the same perfection when I've changed materials. So I make progress, it's only going to be so good and all I can do is try my best.