Monday, August 22, 2011

Wardrobe Quickie

Not that kind of quickie my dears! Heehee.  I am too sleepy to upload the new pictures from my camera just now so an outfit post will have to do.  I have been experimenting with my wardrobe, learning about basics and how to "mix and match" (for lack of a better term).  Clothing used to be something I threw on without thinking much beyond "is it clean?" and "what's the weather like?".  It was ungainly and rather awkward.  There were things I liked, I just didn't have the moxie to mix them together in a cohesive manner.  With guidance and encouragement from good friends, I am working to exhaust my wardrobe as well as add staples, mainly handmade dresses (they're ridiculously easy to toss on!) rather than purchase new items.
shirt : West Seattle St Faire
belt : absconded from a friend
skirt : exhilaration 
petticoat : salvaged from the side of the road
tights : Urban Outfitters

Deets: vintage owl necklace.  Probably used to have a swingy body, but I kind of like just using the head.


sweater : salvaged from theatre, by H&M
blouse : from Sonya
belt : absconded from Jocelyn
skirt : thrifted
shoes : by not rated, thrifted


lace top : thrifted and modded
skirt : made by and from Sonya
ballet flats : thrifted by H&M

I have been embracing skirt wearing now that I sneak boxer briefs under all of them in the summer and tights for the rest of the year.  Boxer Briefs are a woman's best friend!  Particularly when absconded from the darling boy (don't worry, they were a: clean, b: unused, and c: SUPER COMFY)
I have two petticoats that I wear under my skirts for added fluff without being overly Lolita, as well as being warmer for the colder months.  *ahem* Seattle's rainy season...Lol.
Anyway, there are a few things I have played with lately.  More to come. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the first to comment! Anna is pretty in her things she wears. <3