Monday, January 13, 2014

Snippets

Life has been busy post college.  Busy with remembering how to be a human, busy with visiting friends and family, busy with puttering around my little apartment.  So busy, in fact, that I have deeply neglected this poor little blog.  That, my dears, will soon come to an end.  I have books to share, documentaries to review, and sewing and knitting goodness coming your way!

In the mean time, here are a few little snippets from the past month (ish) that I have been meaning to share.
This is Shmoo.  Short for Shmooser, this delightful boy lives on Capitol Hill's Twice Sold Tales bookstore.  I went in on a whim and not only found a book I have been searching for (!!!), but got the sweetest neck massage and "purr" therapy from this sweet boy.  


There is a new "monster" in our house.  A Bandit Bunny came to join us, much to the delight of Teeny.  They have been spending the last month "bandit-ing" anything that I glance away from.  


THIS BOOK!!  I don't think I have spoken on here about my love for illustrator, Trina Schart Hyman, but (knowing me) I have and simply forgot.  I fell in love with Trina's work when I was 14, and spent countless, endless hours in the Burien Library memorising the spines of her books.  I entertained the dream of having her illustrate a children's book that I wrote, but she passed away in 2004, so I collect her books and continue to marvel and the delicate watercolour work she once did.
Swan Lake makes the fourth book in my TSH collection.  I have The Fourtune Tellers, King Stork, TSH's autobiography, and now Swan Lake.

Leaving you now with this bit of silliness from Christmas Eve.  Finally (!) got the dear man to smile for one good picture.  Ta ta for now dears!

xoxo,
Anna

No comments: